Is there a way to UNDO accidental deletion of an EVERYTHING window containing multiple search tabs?

If you are experiencing problems with "Everything", post here for assistance.
stevenroussos

Is there a way to UNDO accidental deletion of an EVERYTHING window containing multiple search tabs?

Post by stevenroussos »

therube

Re: Is there a way to UNDO accidental deletion of an EVERYTHING window containing multiple search tabs?

Post by therube »

With 1.4, the dropdown box on the search bar, & or History may provide some insight into what your searches may have been.
void
Developer

Re: Is there a way to UNDO accidental deletion of an EVERYTHING window containing multiple search tabs?

Post by void »

Everything uses the system to perform file actions.

With Everything 1.4, open Windows Explorer and use Edit -> Undo to undo actions from Everything.

Undo in Everything 1.5
dumpusn
stevenroussos

Post by stevenroussos »

I guess I wasn't clear enough. I am in fact using 1.5 Alpha. I see the new Undo History menu. But that doesn't list EVERYTHING *window* deletions. Reading all the replies, they concern FILE SYSTEM actions. My action I wish to undo was not on the filesystem. It was an EVERYTHING window with a bunch of search tabs that I accidentally deleted. No system files were affected. I want to restore the last deleted EVERYTHING APP WINDOW.

(FYI I have several Everything windows open and I sometimes add search tabs to them as kind of reminders to things I wish to look at. Search tabs were added to multiple of the windows over a period of days so those searches will be distributed randomly among the windows and will appear in random places in the search history so finding the set that were all in the 1 deleted Everything window will be basically not doable.)
void
Developer

Post by void »

Sorry for my misunderstanding.

Tabs, windows and the previous session can be restored from the History menu.