Can I trick "dupe" syntax into finding/grouping my series episodes per series? Any ways to achieve something similar?

Discussion related to "Everything" 1.5 Alpha.
TenTickles

Can I trick "dupe" syntax into finding/grouping my series episodes per series? Any ways to achieve something similar?

Post by TenTickles »

I don't know if there's any way to have "dupe" not try to match things exactly. It would be particularly useful with "namepartdupe:". And if there's any way to trick "dupe:" into doing this, even if it's not designed for it would be nice.

If there's a way to give "dupe:" operators some tolerance, or to trick it into having some tolerance (like not feeding it the file's name but instead feed it the first 10 characters of the file's name) then that would be great. If some "dupe" functions exist that would help.

Thank you.
void
Developer

Re: Can I trick "dupe" syntax into finding/grouping my series episodes per series? Any ways to achieve something similar

Post by void »

Please consider the following search:

regex:^(.*S\d\d) addcolumn:regmatch1 dupe:regmatch1

You can setup any regular expression match you like and find duplicates on the regular expression capture.

regex: = enable regular expressions.
^ = match the start of the filename.
( ) = capture match
.* = match any character any number of times.
S = match a literal S
\d\d = match two digits
TenTickles

Re: Can I trick "dupe" syntax into finding/grouping my series episodes per series? Any ways to achieve something similar

Post by TenTickles »

That is absolutely amazing and much more flexible than I realized. Thank you so much.

So I end up with:

regex:^(.*S\d\d) addcolumn:regmatch1 dupe:regmatch1 groupcolors:

My objective has been achieved.

Another minor improvement though would be: I always have alternate-row-color enabled. If you happen to know a way to disable it for a single query and only that single query, that would be nice. The command
/disable-alternate-row-color
exists, but it's a command, not a modifier.
Last edited by TenTickles on Sat Aug 03, 2024 2:38 am, edited 1 time in total.