When can the feature be added to automatically recognize content from the clipboard and fill it into the search bar?

Have a suggestion for "Everything"? Please post it here.
swokpk

When can the feature be added to automatically recognize content from the clipboard and fill it into the search bar?

Post by swokpk »

When can the feature be added to automatically recognize content from the clipboard and fill it into the search bar? :cry:
meteorquake

Re: When can the feature be added to automatically recognize content from the clipboard and fill it into the search bar?

Post by meteorquake »

I suspect it means that on focussing everything if it finds something in the clipboard it automatically searches for it?

I wouldn't want that occurring but I can see some would benefit during certain types of tasks.

Perhaps if a person has a bookmark named onfocus that could be detected and used for that purpose?

d
NotNull

Re: When can the feature be added to automatically recognize content from the clipboard and fill it into the search bar?

Post by NotNull »

meteorquake wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 6:45 amI suspect
It takes 20 seconds to test ...
meteorquake wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 6:45 am I wouldn't want that occurring
Nothing happens if you dont have clipboard: included in your search?
meteorquake

Post by meteorquake »

My thought was regarding it automatically happening when you focus an Everything window :)
therube

Post by therube »

It takes 20 seconds to test ...
Less then that.
You can type,
clipboard:
into the search bar, then copy something to <clipboard> & see what happens.
(Then copy something different into <clipboard> ...)

Pretty nifty, actually, & I hadn't thought of it in that way.
And in that respect, it can act as a replacement for how to add everything as a search engine in firefox?, where you are no longer limited to simply a "browser".
meteorquake

Post by meteorquake »

Ah I see I recall that command now. I think that makes another variant - I wonder what the questioner was intending :) d
swokpk

Post by swokpk »

void wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 3:43 am In Everything 1.5, search for:

clipboard:

clipboard:
I was thinking about a feature that wouldn't be overly complex to implement. Essentially, it would involve adding the ability to read the clipboard content and automatically fill it into the search bar. This could be accompanied by a toggle switch in the settings, allowing users to enable or disable this feature as per their preference. The primary use case for this would be to facilitate quick searches for files corresponding to customer names.
swokpk

Post by swokpk »

void wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 3:43 am In Everything 1.5, search for:

clipboard:

clipboard:
好的,非常好用 :D
void
Developer

Post by void »

Another way to do this is create a shortcut to Everything 1.5 with the following target:

"C:\Program Files\Everything 1.5a\Everything64.exe" -s #clipboard:

Optionally bind a keyboard shortcut.

The Everything search box is fill in the clipboard text when opening this shortcut.