Limit Sibling-count by filetype?

Discussion related to "Everything" 1.5 Alpha.
DLxxx

Limit Sibling-count by filetype?

Post by DLxxx »

Finally getting serious about culling, organizing 20 years of digital photos, that are duped, dupes of dupes, duped folders, across many (even duped, backed to each other) drives, and so on.

Looking to get an initial overview and identify/delete exactly duplicated folders with same images, I searched with *.jpg distinct:path and added column, sibling-count. But the sibling-count column reflects all files, not just jpg's.

Is there a way to limit the sibling-count to only the files name or type searched?

Though I've been using Everything for several years now (much appreciated!) in basic means.. I'm now starting to explore the advanced features to get a handle on the years of digital hoarding lol. Taking control of all my photos, first.

In addition to above, I'm open to suggestions of better ways to id/delete the duped folders/contents. I'm aware of 'dupe: but haven't dug into that yet.

Thanks a bunch!
void
Developer

Re: Limit Sibling-count by filetype?

Post by void »

There's no Sibling Occurrence Count property yet.

The closest thing is Child Occurrence Count:

child:*.jpg add-column:child-occurrence-count

However, this gives you folder results.

If you really want to find jpg occurrence count, you will need to do a two-pass search:

Search for:

*.jpg

From the File menu, click Export...
Change Save as Type to: EFU Everything File List.
Choose a filename and click Save.

From the File menu, click Open File List....
Choose your file list from above and click Open.

Search for:

*.jpg distinct:path add-column:sibling-file-count

When you are done with the results, close your file list from File -> Close File List.

Finding Duplicates with Everything 1.5
DLxxx

Re: Limit Sibling-count by filetype?

Post by DLxxx »

Perfect. Thank you