Support for removable disks

Have a suggestion for "Everything"? Please post it here.
H_Q_Z_Ohnone

Support for removable disks

Post by H_Q_Z_Ohnone »

Hellow,

I have use Everything for years, it is truly a wonderful work. But in my mind, there still some disadvantages.

When I used a USB flash drive and a portable hard drive today, I became unhappy because there was a file that I couldn't find. I think of the powerful Everything. I think it will help me find that one I need from hundreds of files. But when I opened Everything and used it, I realized that Everything couldn't help me search for files on the USB flash drive. Therefore, I hope that Everything will add support for removable storage devices such as USB flash drives and portable hard drives in future versions. I believe this will greatly improve the productivity of users and will also make Everything more and more popular.

I will be greatly thankful if I can see this new function in future versions.Thanks again.

H.Q.Z.OhNone
######################################################
I am not an English speaker, so I white this with the help of Micfosoft Bing. There might be some mistake in my language, so please understanding me.
The original text is here:
当我今天使用U盘和移动硬盘时,有一个文件找不到了。我想起了强大的Everything,我认为它能帮我从众多文件中找到我所需要的一个。但当我打开Everything并且使用时,我才发现Everything不能帮我搜索U盘中的文件。 所以,我希望Everything能在以后的版本中添加对U盘、移动硬盘等可移动储存设备的支持。 我相信这将会大大提升用户的工作效率,也会使Everything越来越受欢迎。
(Chinese)
void
Developer

Re: Support for removable disks

Post by void »

要将您的 USB 闪存驱动器或便携式硬盘驱动器添加到 Everything 索引中:
  • Everything 中,从 工具 菜单单击 选项
  • 单击左侧的 文件夹 选项卡。
  • 单击 添加...
  • 选择您的 USB 闪存驱动器便携式硬盘驱动器,然后单击 确定
  • 单击 确定
To add your USB flash drive or portable hard drive to your Everything index:
  • In Everything, from the Tools menu, click Options.
  • Click the Folders tab on the left.
  • Click Add....
  • Select your USB flash drive or portable hard drive and click OK.
  • Click OK.
H_Q_Z_Ohnone

Re: Support for removable disks

Post by H_Q_Z_Ohnone »

Hello,

It is amazing that this feature has been around for a long time in Everything.Thank you for teaching me this.I will continue to support Everything. It do help me a lot.

H.Q.Z.OhNone