Quick possibility to temporarely remove not mounted drives

Discussion related to "Everything" 1.5 Alpha.
mbc

Quick possibility to temporarely remove not mounted drives

Post by mbc »

Hi, a great feature in Everything is to also list the content of former temporarely connected e.g. USB-drives. Their files are shown in light gray in the search list, a powerful feature in my opinion. Hiding files & folders that are on currently not mounted drives can be setup under tools/options/FAT etc. for each type of drive separately. May I propose to add this selection possibility (temporarely hide all (!) unconnected/not accessible drives and their content at once) directly accessible, like the 'enabling/disabling search in subfolders' checkmark.
Mbc
NotNull

Re: Quick possibility to temporarely remove not mounted drives

Post by NotNull »

Adding
!offline:
to your serch will hide them.
void
Developer

Post by void »

To create a Online filter:
  • In Everything, from the Search menu, click Add to filters....
  • Change the Name to: Online
  • Change the Search to: !offline:
  • Click OK.
Filters can be activated from the Search menu, Filter bar (View -> Filters), right clicking the status bar, filter macro or filter keyboard shortcut.

I recommend using !offline: instead of online:
online: will match only files/folders where Everything knows they are online.
!offline: will match files/folders where Everything knows they are online or if the online status is unknown.
offline: will match only files/folders where Everything knows they are offline.
! = NOT.

offline:
mbc

Post by mbc »

Hi, thank you for this quick solution. The filter setting works fine for search. Using server drives (not 24/7 online) and lots of USB drives Everything gives a comfortable overview about folder and file sizes, backups and their dates etc. 'Everything' is for me a powerful explorer substitute for managing this stuff, and here this online/offline switch (realized like the subfolder on/of box) would help as well. However, I'm fine with the filter approach.
Mbc